Monday, June 19, 2017

Sewing Projects

I've slowly been re-working my toddlers winter clothing into summer shorts and short-sleeved shirts.  The cotton mix-and-match still had a lot of wear in them, and I knew that he'd outgrow them by winter, so I started cutting sleeves and legs,  pinning hems, and stitching.  So far, I've made it through four pairs of shorts and two shirts.  


The shorts have been coming along faster than the shirts because they fit on the arm of the machine, making the hemming a snap.  

Also, in that top picture you will see the straw hat I wear outside.  I finally got around to stitching ribbon ties to it and am delighted with the results.  It took no time, and my goodness, it is so nice to have two free hands when I'm outside and plenty of protection from the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment